Orthodontic treatment is no longer just for teens. In fact, the American Association of Orthodontists states that 1 in 5 orthodontic patients is over the age of 21. Many adults are choosing to receive treatment because they understand the importance of maintaining their health, and they want to feel better about their appearance. Adults everywhere are taking advantage of the opportunity to receive orthodontic care, and now you can too.
Common reasons why adults consider orthodontic treatment:
- A bad bite or malocclusion, causing teeth to fit together incorrectly
- Teeth are crowded or spaced apart, possibly causing tooth decay or gum disease
- Abnormal jaw pain, or pressure that is caused by crooked teeth
- Desire for a healthier mouth and a more confident smile
Treatment options for adults
The thought of having metal braces is enough to discourage most adult from receiving treatment. However, today’s orthodontic treatment options offer a variety of braces and appliances that are more discreet, comfortable and customized to meet your needs. Types of braces include:
- Clear braces
- Small, comfortable metal braces
Please contact our practice to schedule an appointment for an orthodontic evaluation.